Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Reboot!

Two months already??
 
I'm back! Baby is two months old, so it's about time I get back to it.

Here's what's been happening colitis-wise...
  • Around delivery, I was flaring mildly (after tapering off oral prednisone and going off Humira to prevent infection while on bed rest after the water breaking).
  • I restarted Humira when the babe was a few weeks old, 80mg every week.
  • I restarted hydrocortisone enemas and Cortifoam (one in morning, one at night) when delivery mess healed (about 4-5 weeks postpartum).
Things are awful.  Tons of blood, frequency, pain, urgency.  I think it's exacerbated by the fact that the darling babe sleeps two hours at a time, so I'm not able to sleep at night.  Most of us have increased inflammation with lack of sleep, right? It sure feels like I do.

It's also been a lot harder for me to stay strict with Specific Carbohydrate Diet.  If any of you have tried it, the diet requires a lot of preparation and work, and I just don't have the energy right now.

The GI is making me take a C-DIFF test before we change anything. (Anyone else take a million of these per year? So annoying.)  It sounds like we'll be switching biologics if possible.  But I'm at the point where I'd really consider j-pouch surgery.

Any experience/advice with the surgery is welcome!

3 comments:

  1. I downloaded an app called GIMonitor on my phone and they have a forum on there under socialize. It's helped me a lot with the questions I've had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, thank you! I'm going to check that out right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole I do believe there is hope. I recently tried something new and I believe it's working. If you are interested you can email m at kaklohr@gmail.com. I have UC by the w and I have Ben flaring for over a year.

    ReplyDelete