Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns!

Even when you're not stuck in the hospital, IBD peeps are often stuck at home or hooked up to a Remicade IV, so I thought you all might have fun with some of these knitting patterns too...




Bear Cub Hat
We conceived in Yellowstone National Park (TMI?), so I think it's hilarious to dress our baby as a bear.
 
I used Spud and Chloe worsted weight yarn and size 5 dpn's.  
Hat: CO 72 stitches, knit in 2x2 rib for an inch and then stockinette for 3.5 inches.  Begin decreases to close off top of hat. (Here's a good basic hat pattern if you're looking for more detail.)
Each ear (do this twice): CO 12 stitches (doubling the yarn) and knit in garter stitch for 8 rows.  
9th row: Decrease (k2tog, k8, ssk). 10th row: (k2tog, k6, ssk) 
Bind off and sew your ears on!


I've already done this hat in a few colors (for other people), and it is SUCH an easy, fun knit.

Mods: I always use dpn's throughout when knitting hats.   I also like to add a pompon and earflaps with tassles to this one. 

Blue Sky Alpaca Organic Cotton worsted weight yarn works really well for this sweet hat.  







I love Blue Sky yarn, and I'm excited to start this relatively easy-looking pattern.  I'll use only blues, creams, and beiges though.  (Yes, we're having a boy!)

1 comment: