Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Bio-K: Conveniently Packaged Probiotics

$5 worth of health in this little bottle?  I hope so!

The Crohn's/Colitis board on Babycenter is a wonderful community and its members offer a wealth of information and support.  One of those members recently mentioned a probiotic I'd never heard of: Bio-K.

Today I'm tapering off Prednisone. (Well, 5mg every other day for two weeks, then nothing: that feels like practically being "off".)  Nervous without my drug crutch, I ran to Whole Foods this morning for a probiotic fix.   

Since this was the first day I tried it, I don't know if it works yet.  But I really hope Bio-K prevents flare symptoms, because it's got two strikes against it:
  1. It's very expensive.  $30 for a 6-pack.  Yikes!
  2. I don't love the taste of plain yogurt.  And it's kind of...chunky.  
 But the word on the Babycenter board is that the probiotics in Bio-K are more powerful and effective than in the SCD yogurt, so I'm giving it a shot.  (Though the yogurt has worked for me, so I may just stick with that in the long run.)

Let me know if you've had any experience with Bio-K (or if you've found a cheaper source)!

No comments:

Post a Comment