Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Sugarless Fudge

 For the record, this recipe isn't SCD legal (we can't technically have cocoa).  But the third trimester is "first trimester"-ing my taste buds. 

Suddenly all I want are carbs and sugar again, and it's doing a number on my will power.

I've been trying to limit my sugar intake, but I have been cheating here and there (especially when my husband and I go out to dinner...the dessert menu is my Achilles' heel).  As a result, I am beginning to flare again, seeing blood daily.  (This should give you an indication of how crazy these sugar cravings are.  Even with the fear of a flare, I'm still cheating; I cannot control myself!)

So I tried out this less evil recipe today, and it's pretty good.

As I often say with recipes like this, if you don't expect real fudge, it's great.  Definitely not real fudge though.

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 c. coconut oil (melted)
  • 1/2 c. cocoa powder 
  • 1/2 c. almond butter
  • 1/4 c. honey
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (alcohol free)
 Directions:
  1. Mix all ingredients together in a blender/Cuisinart
  2. Spoon mixture into muffin tins with silicone muffin liners, filling each about 1/3 of the way.
  3. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or freeze for 10 minutes.
  4. Store in the fridge.

3 comments:

  1. Yum yum! Here is another chocolate recipe I want to try. http://glutenfreecooking.about.com/od/dessertsandsweets/r/flourlessgfcake.htm
    I tried the pound cake, super yummy! Sorry your still having blood, :/ I admit a have cheated a little too. You can message me if you want when you feel the need to cheat lol.
    Apparently this product http://shoppe.listentoyourgut.com/jinis-healing-implant-enema-kit-5-applications-enema-bag-leak-proof-pad/ stops bleeding and I cant wait to try it but I need the blessing of my OB and new GI first so I am afraid I will have to wait until after delivery. Will see my appt is tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also try keeping a food diary to see what triggers symptoms. I have tried this before and failed but with this app (MealLogger) it is so easy, and free. Just snap a photo of your food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. Gosh. That flourless chocolate cake looks amazing. Thank you for sharing; I'm totally making that someday soon.
    The enema link is intriguing. I'm still doing a bunch of hydrocortisone/Cortifoam enemas, but I agree with you: once the baby is here, it would be really tempting to switch to something a little more natural.
    And thanks for sharing the MealLogger! I was using GIBuddy, but you have to enter a million details (which I gave up on after about three days). Taking a quick pic would definitely be better.
    I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow! How are you doing with SCD? I know you said you cheated a bit, but it's so hard not to. Especially with these ever-changing hormones!

    ReplyDelete