Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Growth Ultrasound: Phew!

Some peace of mind in case you're worried about meds and lack of weight gain affecting your baby:


Last week, I went in for my 24 week appointment, and the doctor actually was concerned that I haven't gained weight.  I thought I was in the clear after my meeting with the physician's assistant where she calmed me down about that issue.  (Of course, I'm still eating like a crazy fiend.  No kidding, people comment about it.)  But the doctor recommended an additional ultrasound to check baby's growth, so back we went to the office today.

Turns out he's been growing just fine, as the physician's assistant had assured.  Baby is measuring exactly the size he should be for the due date. 

I'm relieved, and I hope this offers others in similar circumstances relief too.  You know I've been on mega-doses of prednisone, which can cause low fetal weight, and I haven't been gaining weight the way I'd like.  But, as everyone says, the baby takes what he needs.  Thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment