Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

The nursery is painted!

 Yes, I made them pose with a paint roller after they were done.  
I never said I'm not cheesy.

This was our week of feeling grateful for our parents.

My husband's parents drove up here to Chicago from Florida to paint our nursery.  We were incredibly grateful for several reasons: I was relieved to be able to avoid the fumes, and my husband and I are the worst painters in the world.  And most of all, painting is such a long and tedious process, and they were amazingly cheerful about it--and did the most perfect job.

We used Behr Premium Plus paint (Reflecting Pool) at Home Depot.  It's allegedly low-VOC, but I don't know how much I believe those claims.  I stayed at my parents' home all week while my in-laws painted, just in case.  So we owe both sets of parents big-time after this week.

The light fixture is the Adler Pendant from Restoration Hardware Baby & Child.

(No furniture til April.  I'm still superstitious about that.)

And yes, our poor child's view from his nursery is of a brick wall.  Oh, the joys of city living...


No comments:

Post a Comment