Pages

Friday, December 14, 2012

Gooey Tomatoes

I made a huge mess with these, but they're super delicious

Got a pizza craving?  Me too.  If bread isn't agreeing with you either, these cheesy tomatoes are a pretty decent substitution--and incredibly quick.  (The most time consuming part of this recipe is literally the oven preheating.)

Ingredients:
  • 1 big tomato (Choose a relatively firm one.  It gets goopy.)
  • 1/2 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
  • Chopped fresh basil to taste
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Olive oil...if you dare*
  1. Preheat oven to 450.
  2. Slice tomato evenly.
  3. Spread tomato slices on parchment paper-covered baking sheet.
  4. Sprinkle tomato slices with cheese and then with seasonings.
  5. *The original recipe recommended drizzling the tomatoes with olive oil.  I wouldn't do that again; it turned into a giant gooey mess.  Full disclosure: I set off my smoke detector as the oil poured onto my oven. Oops.  I still ate every slice in one sitting...so good.
  6. Bake for 15 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment