Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Halfway!

Finally! A legit bump arriving at 5 months.

Here's a bump pic at the five month mark.  I've been struggling to gain weight (yes, I can say that on an IBD blog because I know you all can sympathize) and feeling really down that I haven't been getting bumpier.  ("Is my flare impeding baby's growth?")  Looking online at other people's bump pics has made me really nervous about baby's size, especially between ultrasounds.  
It's easy to read all the advice for healthy moms and freak out.  I desperately tried to gain weight in the first trimester by eating all sorts of junk and avoiding exercise, which just pushed me into an unmitigated flare--totally counterproductive.  But my doctors have told me to not stress about the numbers on the scale; just live in a way that supports health and remission.  That gave me great peace of mind.
And after our 20 week ultrasound, baby is actually on the bigger end of normal.  Hopefully it all continues along that trajectory!   

In this pic, you can also see those leg warmers I was knitting a few months ago--finally finished!

2 comments:

  1. You look great! Keep up the good work growing that baby. You are going to be an awesome mom, you have already shown how much you love this baby by doing what you feel you need to do to get healthy. On a personal note I have always struggled with being to small even when I was healthy but that all changed after I had my beautiful daughter. I did find that a vanilla soy, banana and peanut butter shake once a day did help with some healthy weight gain. Just a suggestion I remember how I felt when I thought I wasn't gaining enough weight for my little one. :) Keep up the good work mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Kyoko! That shake sounds delicious--I'm definitely going to try that out!

    ReplyDelete