Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Portobella Pizza

 I swear, I don't always make so many cheesy tomato recipes...

...but we're leaving to visit my husband's family this week, and I've got a lot of tomatoes, fresh basil, and Parmesan to use up.

This is an easy, reheat-able SCD lunch.  And it's filling (I'm a big eater and was super full after one mushroom).

Here is the original recipe, which I actually recommend you checking out because their version is pretty.  Here's my straightforward (and slightly edited*) version:

Ingredients:
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil for skillet
  • 2 Portobella mushrooms
  • 1/2 a carton of grape tomatoes, chopped
  • 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
  • 1/2 a lemon (for juice)
  • 5 fresh basil leaves
  • 1/2 a yellow onion chopped (I'd use less next time, but this is up to you.)
  • Shredded Parmesan cheese to taste  (I probably used about a 1/4 cup.)
  • salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400.
  2. Add oil to skillet and saute onion until it's brown.
  3. Mix in tomatoes and garlic and saute until the tomatoes are soft.
  4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
  5. Squeeze lemon juice over the ingredients.
  6. Stir in the basil leaves.
  7. Place mushrooms on parchment paper-lined baking sheet.  (Bottoms down.)
  8. Fill the mushrooms with the skillet ingredients.
  9. Top with Parmesan.
  10. Bake for 12 minutes at 400.
 Enjoy!

*If you compare this to the original recipe, you'll see I left out the leeks.  I felt like it was plenty onion-y without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment