Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Sweet "Oatmeal" Recipe

Bet you have no clue what this is.  Read on...

I'm literally writing this post while eating this recipe, because it's so good I need to share it immediately.

Pinterest has once again been kind.  (If you're following SCD, there are so many great recipes on there; it's a really helpful community.)  Don't judge the weird green-ness of this "oatmeal" before you try it; it's delicious.

Since it's SCD legal, there's no sugar or grain in this pretend oatmeal, but it still gives you that rib-sticking feeling that we're all looking for.

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 c. blueberries (I used frozen and just microwaved/drained them. Worked fine!)
  • 1 banana (I didn't use the whole thing, but it's up to you...how banana-y do you want it?)
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 tablespoon coconut oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon gluten free vanilla extract
  • cinnamon to taste
  • salt to taste
  • 1 tablespoon nut butter of your choice (I like to use the freshly ground peanut butter from Whole Foods: it's literally just peanuts.)
 Fastest prep ever:
  1. Saute your fruit in the coconut oil (I used blueberries and bananas, but you can throw in whatever you want).
  2. Scramble the eggs into the fruit (Yes, that's right...I didn't beat my eggs first.  Lazy, but who can wait for breakfast??)
  3. Toss in vanilla, cinnamon, salt and continue to scramble.
  4. After scooping the mixture into a bowl, top with your nut butter.
Just the perfect mix of sweet and savory I want in my real oatmeal. This hits the spot!  I hope you enjoy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment