Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Julian Bakery's Paleo Bread

Almond Paleo Bread from Julian Bakery (comes in coconut too)

Can you tell I'm obsessed with eating again?  I swear I'll post about something other than food soon. 

Sandwiches: the saddest loss when sticking to SCD.  I've tried all sorts of homemade almond bread, and it totally sucks.  Gooey, un-slice-able, useless.

Recently, though, a brilliant friend told me about this online-accessible bread from Julian Bakery that has changed my life.  Full disclosure: the bread itself is not super delicious.  But it is SLICED.  And this allows me to make sandwiches, which is amazing.  Also, it takes a few weeks to process your order, but once it arrives, you can freeze it for months.

Ingredients: Purified Water, Blanched Almond Flour, Egg Whites, Psyllium*, Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Baking Soda.

*SCD warning: Psyllium is not legal.  But I find that this bread actually does sit pretty well with me, so if you're feeling adventurous, I'd give it a shot.  Save it for those legit bread cravings!

No comments:

Post a Comment